To receive quotes in EZLynx, carrier logins must be set. Carrier Logins allow the EZLynx system to display the quotes from the carrier's website into the Rating Engine product. If logins are not set, then EZLynx will not be able to display quotes from that carrier. How you are granted access to your carriers will determine if you are responsible for setting your carrier logins, or if a parent agency is responsible and will set the logins for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Who is Responsible?
The main way to tell if you are responsible for setting the carrier logins in EZLynx is whether or not you can log into the carrier's website.
- If you can log into a carrier's website to finalize quotes and bind policies, EZLynx refers this type of carrier as an independent account. If a carrier is an independent account for you, then it is your responsibility to set the carrier logins in EZLynx yourself.
- If you cannot log into the carrier's website to finalize quotes and bind policies, EZLynx refers this type of carrier as a shared account. Normally, you are being granted access to this carrier in EZLynx via a parent agency. If a carrier is a shared account for you, then it is the responsibility of an admin at the parent agency to set the carrier login in EZLynx for your agency.
|Did you know? Some agencies with independents accounts may be setup so the agency owner sets the carrier logins for the agency as a whole rather than each user needing to set their own logins. To learn more, see: How to Set Carrier Logins for Agency|
When to Set Carrier Logins
To receive quotes back from a carrier so that we can display them in EZLynx, carrier logins must be set.
- If you are new to our Rating Engine product, this should be one of the first steps taken to getting you up and running.
- If you update your logins on the carrier's website, you should also update them in EZLynx. This will help minimize any unnecessary carrier login errors.
- If the carrier's website is stating that your carrier login will expire soon, you should update the logins on both the carrier's website and in EZLynx. A login expiration warning acts like a pop-up blocker to EZLynx, so if you do not update your logins when the warning appears, EZLynx will not be able to connect to the carrier's website to receive quotes to display.
- If you are receiving a carrier login error in EZLynx, updating your carrier logins is the first trouble-shooting step you should take.
|Note! Password saving tools like LastPass will also need to be updated if you update your carrier logins on the carrier's website. If they are not updated and you allow them to auto-fill into EZLynx, they will pre-fill the old logins which will be invalid and can cause carrier login errors.|
How to Set Carrier Logins
1. If you are responsible for setting the carrier logins, hover over the Settings icon.
2. Click Carrier Quoting Setup.
3. Click on the carrier's card.
4. Input the username and password you use to log into this carrier's website.
5. Click Save and Test.
6. If the username and password save successfully, you will see a green check mark
|Note: If you get an error stating that the test was unsuccessful, we recommend testing your logins on the carrier's website. To do this quickly, click the Go To Carrier Site button.|
7. Once you have a green check-mark, click the Back to Carriers button.
8. You should now see a green check-mark on the carrier's card showing that their is a successfully saved login set. This should now allow you to receive quotes from this carrier in EZLynx. Repeat steps 3-7 for any other carriers that you want to receive quotes from.