Modified on: Wed, 25 Aug, 2021 at 3:16 PM
Our eSignature product is a pay-as-you go feature, so fees only apply when you send an envelope out. It is the responsibility of the Agency Admin to go through the Pay Link process to make sure there is a money balance available to use eSignature.
To learn more about the Pay Link process, see: Pay Link Process
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before creating an eSignature envelope, you need documents to place in the eSignature envelope. The document must be a PDF and that document must be available in the customer's Document library. You can add ACORD forms from the Management System product or you can upload documents from your computer. See: How to Add or Upload Documents for more information.
1. Once you have the documents in the Document library, click on the Documents tab.
2. Click the Create eSignature Envelope button.
3. Check the documents you want to include in the eSignature envelope.
4. Click the Next button.
|Did you know?|
Now that you have selected the documents you want to include in the eSignature envelope, the next step is to create the envelope that will hold the documents.
1. Type in an Envelope Name.
2. Set a Password if desired or check No to make a password not required. The password must be 5-15 digits long and must contain Letters/Numbers/Special Character.
3. Set the number of days the envelope with expire. A reminder email is sent to recipients 5 days prior to the envelope expiration date.
4. Use the up and down arrows to order the documents you would like them to be signed in.
5. Once all changes are made, click the Next button.
|Did you know?|
Now that we have created the envelope that will hold the documents, we need to add all of the recipients that need to sign the document.
1. By default the primary applicant is automatically added as a recipient.
2. To add more recipients, click +Add new recipient.
3. To add yourself as a recipient, click + Add me.
4. Use the up and down arrows to order the recipients in the order you want them to sign the document. This is important because the next recipient on the list will not have access to the eSignature until the previous recipient finishes signing the document.
5. Input a note to the recipients. This note will be in the body of the email that is sent to all recipients. Best Practice is to provide your contact information in case the recipients have any questions.
6. Once all changes are made click the Next button.
Now it's time to place the boxes for recipients to electronically sign! If you checked the Pre-fill selected ACORD form with signature, initials, and date fields on the Add Document step, then you will already see that some boxes have been placed for you. There are several different options available to use and the best part is you can have multiple on the same eSignature document.
|Signature||Recipients will need to use their mouse to write a signature|
|Typed Signature||Recipients will type their signature using the keyboard|
|Initials||Recipients will need to use their mouse to write their initials|
|Typed Initials||Recipients will type their initials using the keyboard|
|Date||Recipients will input the current date|
|Timestamp||Required Universal Time timestamp is automatically added to the document|
|Text||Allows the recipients to input information requested|
|Drop-down||Allows you to add a series of options that the recipients can interact with|
|Multiple Choice||Allows the recipient to mark boxes that apply to them|
1. Once you have decided which box to start with, click the respective green icon.
2. Locate and click the spot on the document you want the box to go. The box will automatically insert itself where you click.
3. Click Edit.
|Did you know?|
4. Check or un-check Required or Certified as desired.
- Required will make the box mandatory for the recipient.
- Certified renders meta-data in box's frame including the Box's ID, the IP address where the signing occurred, and the Universal Time timestamp (UTC).
5. Provide a brief description for the recipient that will appear when they get to this box.
6. If you did not mean to create this box, click the Delete button.
7. Once all changes are made, click the Save button.
|Did you know?|
8. Once you have finished adding all the blocks for this recipient, use the Recipient drop-down to select the next recipient. Repeat steps 1-8 for all recipients.
9. Once you have added all the blocks for all the recipients, click the Review and Send button.
10. Once you have reviewed the document click the Send button. A pop-up will appear when the eSignature as been sent out successfully.
Envelope Statues & Actions
The EZLynx eSignature section of the Documents tab stores all of the eSignature envelopes that have been created for that particular customer. This is where you can see the status of the customer's envelopes and view, resend, cancel, or email the eSignature.
The status of the envelope can help you decide where the recipients are at with signing the document and if any action is needed on your end. You can find the status of the envelope under the Status column.
|Cancelled||The envelope was cancelled before all recipients signed the document(s).|
|Completed||All recipients have finished signing the document and each has been sent an email with a link to the finished document(s).|
|Expired||The envelope has expired and recipients can no longer sign the document(s).|
|Pending||The envelope is active and recipients are in the process of signing the document(s).|
Depending on the status of the envelope you might need to take further action to get the documents signed.These options can be found under the Actions button next to each envelope. The Actions available are determined by the status of the envelope.
|Cancel||This option is only available for the envelopes in Pending status. Cancelling an envelope means the recipients can no longer sign the document.|
|Delete||This option is only available for envelopes in the Cancelled or Expired statuses and allows you to delete the envelope.|
|This option is only available for envelopes in the Completed status. Allows you to email the envelope to anyone.|
|Resend||This option is only available for envelopes in Pending or Expired status. Resend the envelope to the recipient who is currently in the signing order.|
|View||This option available at all times. View the documents in the envelope.|
|View Report||This option is only available for envelopes in Completed status. Creates an AssureSign Document Completion Report of the envelope, recipients, documents, and history that you can print or download.|
|Did you know?|
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback