Management System - How to Create a Certificate Master
Modified on: Wed, 25 Aug, 2021 at 2:54 PM
In the past, there have been issues with the coverages not properly aligning to certificate holders based on their associated assets.
With the December 2020 Release, we have made updates to the certificate generation logic so that regardless of whether the holders are on the policy or if they have been added as additional interests, when you associate them to an asset on the policy, then the coverages for that asset will properly align to the respective certificate holder on the Certificate Master.
This provides you with a better piece of mind, ensuring that the certificates you generate have accurate coverage information for the certificate holders.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing Certificate Masters
- Step 1 - Add Policy
- Step 2 - Add Master Remarks
- Step 3 - Add Master Documents
- Step 4 - Add Certificate Holders
- Step 5 - Review PDF
- Step 6 - Distribute
- Managing Certificate Masters
Accessing Certificate Masters
To aid in the accessibility of the Master Certificates, we created a dedicated 'Certificates' tab. On an Applicant, click the Certificates tab. If a Master Certificate has never been created for this Applicant, there will be a message that states: "No certificate master has been added. Once a certificate master has been added you can view its details here."
Sorting & Searching for Certificate Masters
If a Master Certificate has been created, you will see a list of all Master Certificates for this Applicant on the left-hand side of the dashboard. The Master Certificate will be sorted based on the status of the policy the Master Certificate is associated to.
(Please note: When you land on this page, the Master Certificate at the top of the Current list will be selected by default.)
|1. Current||Master Certificates that are associated to active policies|
|2. Expiring Soon||Master Certificates that are associated to active policies that will expire within the next 30 days|
|3. Expired||Master Certificates that are associated to inactive policies|
|4. Pending||Master Certificates that are associated to policies with future effective dates|
|5. Unknown||Master Certificates that are associated to policies that do not have any known expiration date|
To search for a specific Master Certificate, use the Search Masters field and search by the following:
- Certificate Name
- Policy #
- Line of Business
- Certificate Holder Name
- Certificate Holder Address
Certificate Master Expanded View
The specific Master Certificate details will be on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
|1. Certificate Master Name||Name of the Master Certificate currently selected|
|2. Policies - View Policy||Policy associated to the Master Certificate and policy summary information|
|3. Search Cert Holders||Ability to search for a specific Certificate Holder via Name or Address|
|4. Certificate Holder||Name of the Certificate Holder|
|5. Address||Address associated to the Certificate Holder|
|6. Date Sent||Date of the most recently sent Master Certificate to this Certificate Holder|
|7. Distribution Method||How the most recent Master Certificate was distributed i.e Email or Download|
|8. Destination||Where the most recent Master Certificate was sent i.e. which email address|
|9. History||List of past distributions for this Certificate Holder|
|10. Paging Options||Ability to increase the items per page and move through multiple pages|
To aid in the accessibility of the Certificate Master, we created a dedicated 'Certificates' tab.
1. On an Applicant, click the Certificates tab.
2. Click the green Add Certificate Master button.
(Please Note: If a Master Certificate has never been created for this Applicant, there will be a message that states: "No certificate master has been added. Once a certificate master has been added you can view its details here.")
If a Master Certificate has been created, you will see a list of all Master Certificates for this Applicant on the left-hand side of the dashboard with the green Add Certificate Master button on top.
Step 1 - Add Policy
3. Click the ACORD Form drop-down to select the ACORD Form needed for generation.
4. Type the Certificate Name.
(Please note: The Certificate Name will default to "Master Effective Year - Expiration Year" unless otherwise specified.)
5. Check all Policies that apply.
(Please note: The policies under the Select Policies section are based on the ACORD Form selected above.)
6. For back-dated policy information, click the arrow under the Version column to select a specific transaction.
7. Click the green SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
(Please note: If the Applicant does not have a policy to select, you will not be able to move forward.)
To learn how to add a policy to an Applicant, please see: Policies - Creating & Managing Your Policies
Step 2 - Add Master Remarks
8. Search for existing Master Remarks using the Search existing remarks field.
To learn how to add Master Remarks to the Master List for faster certificate creation, please see: Master Certificate Settings
9. If you have an Applicant with a large vehicle schedule who needs to show all their vehicles on the Certificate, toggle the Attach vehicle schedule. This will add the entire vehicle schedule onto an ACORD 101.
10. If you didn't use the Search existing remarks to prefill the Master Remarks, type in the Master Remarks.
(Please note, the character counter underneath. The maximum number is based on the ACORD selected in the Add Policy step. If you go over the character count, we will overflow the remarks to an attached ACORD 101.)
11. Once done adding Master Remarks, click the green SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
Step 3 - Add Master Documents
12. Select documents from the Applicant's document library, agency forms, or upload them from your computer.
13. Search for a specific document using the Search field.
14. Filter the documents via the Document Type or Created By.
|15. Email Attachment||Document saved in EZLynx via the EZLynx Outlook Plugin|
|16. Document||Document uploaded from your computer|
|17. Applicant||Document created via the Documents tab on the Applicant|
|18. Form||ACORD Form created in EZLynx|
19. Use the paging options to change the items per page or move through multiple pages.
20. Check all the necessary documents.
21. Click the Selected (#) tab to view all selected Master Level documents.
22. To change the order, click and drag the Order icon.
23. Once all Master Level documents are selected and ordered, click the green SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
Step 4 - Add Certificate Holders
|24. Added From Policy||Additional Interests from the policy|
|25. Import Holders||Import Holders from other Master Certificates|
|26. Add Holder||Add a Certificate Holder from the Master list or add a new Certificate Holder|
|27. Actions||Edit or Delete the Certificate Holder|
|28. Search Cert Holders||Ability to search through the Certificate Holders selected for the Master Certificates|
|29. Paging Options||Ability to change the items per page and move through multiple pages|
To learn how to add a Certificate Holder to the Master List for faster certificate creation, please see: Master Certificate Settings
When adding a new Certificate Holder, you will see four different tabs to input information on.
|1. Holder Details||Certificate Holder information such as name, address, phone, and email|
|2. Certificate Details||Certificate details that pertain to this Certificate Holder|
|3. Holder Remarks||Certificate Holder specific remarks / You will also see the Master Remarks on this tab|
|4. Documents||Documents that can be selected and sent to this specific Certificate Holder|
Importing Certificate Holders
1. From the Add Certificate Holders step, click the Import button.
2. Click From CSV.
3. From the Upload File step, you can drag and drop a file for your computer or browse your computer files to find the file you need.
4. Once you attach your document, click the Save and Continue button.
In the Map Column Headers step you will see two columns: EZLynx Field and Columns in Imported CSV File. On this step you will select the column header on your CSV file that should correlate to the EZLynx Field. For example, if your CSV Header for the certificate holder's name is Full Name, you would correlate that to the EZLynx Field Name.
1. The system will let you know if it is confused on any of the required fields needed to import the certificate holders. Click the arrow to see all of the CSV File headers and select the one that best correlates to the EZLynx Field.
2. Once you have mapped all of the column headers, click the Continue button.
The final step is to review the imported data. If the system is confused about any of the data from the CSV, it will ask you to review and make edits.
1. To edit an error, click Actions.
2. Click Edit Certificate Holder.
3. Update the field the system is confused about.
4. Once all the changes have been made, click the Save button.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until all the errors are fixed.
6. Once you see the "The imported data looks valid." message, click the Finish button.
Once all Certificate Holders have been added, click the green SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
Step 5 - Review PDF
On this step, review the PDF to make sure all the necessary information is there.
(Please note: All purple fields are editable.)
31. Once reviewed, please click the SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
Step 6 - Distribute
32. Check all or some of the Certificate Holder that need to receive the generated certificate.
33. To filter certificate holders, check the Show only certificate holders that have never received a certificate.
34. Use the Search Cert Holders to look for a specific Certificate Holder.
35. Use the Clear Selection to deselect Certificate Holders that are selected.
36. Use the paging options to change the items per page and move through multiple pages.
37. Click the green SAVE AND CLOSE button to save your work but not distribute the certificates.
38. Click the green DISTRIBUTE button to distribute the certificates and save your progress.
39. Create the email you would like to send to the Certificate Holders and click the green SEND button.
40. Once the emails are sent and the certificates begin to download, you will be taken to the Master Certificate Dashboard where you can now see the Certificate Distribution Report.
Managing Certificate Masters
Adding One-Off Holders
On the Master Certificate in question, click the green Add Holder button.
3. Fill in the necessary information for the Certificate Holder.
4. Click the green Save button to save your work but not distribute the certificate to the Certificate Holder.
5. Click the green Save and Distribute button to save your work and distribute the document(s) to the Certificate Holder.
Once you have selected to distribute certificates, we will generate all the documents and prepare them. Once all documents are prepared, you will see the Distribution report under the Master Certificate Details screen.
1. If the Certificate Holder was marked for Email, as soon as the certificate is generated they will be distributed via the email address.
2. If the Certificate Holder was marked for Download, you will see a link in the Distribution Report that allows you to download a zip file containing all your certificates.
3. You can also see past distribution and access past zip files by selecting the Certificate Transaction History.
4. To remove the Certificate Distribution Report from your view, click the X. To bring this view back, click Actions > Distribution Report.
Edit, Share, Delete, & More!
All Master Certificate management options are under the green Actions button at top right-hand corner of the Master Certificate Details screen.
|1. Client Center||Ability to share the Certificate Master with your Applicant via the Client Center Portal|
|2. Delete Master||Delete the Certificate Master|
|3. Distribution Report||Ability to see where and when the certificates generate|
|4. Edit Master||Ability to update the Certificate Master|
|5. Export Holders||Export Certificate Holders for this Certificate Master to a CSV file|
|6. Preview Master||Takes you to Step 5: Review PDF of the Certificate Master Workflow|
If you are interested in our Client Center Portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note: All generated certificates are also in the Documents Library of an Applicant. If a certificate was emailed, a log will appear in a new discussion under the Activity Log.)
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback